Thursday, July 26, 2007

The Existentialists Blues


After School Special



I'm not sure if After School Special would have had an easier time being a band if they were around now or a harder time. The reason I wonder this is because they never played shows. This may not sound like a big deal... there are plenty of bands around now that make music on laptops and post their songs on various websites and promote themselves through myspace (among other places). After School Special was a bona fide pop punk band though, and pop punk bands are usually known for their live performance in addition to recordings.

Anyways, they somehow survived despite not playing shows. I'd like to say they never played a show, ever, but I can't verify that as a fact. They released a couple singles and an album. The album was one of Mutant Pop's first CD releases (next to the self titled Automatics record) and in my opinion one of the best Mutant Pop releases ever.

The sound? If you've ever heard anything on Mutant Pop you should know what to expect.


After School Special - I don't want to hold your hand
After School Special - There she goes


No comments: