Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Back in the Day

Jon Cougar Concentration Camp




Jon Cougar Concentration Camp pisses me off.. They came out with a string of 7"'s that were amazing a decent album and then all of a sudden they signed to BYO Records and became shitty. It would have been better if they broke up after their first album and could have been a legacy, but no, they had to stay together and suck. BYO Records seems to have a habit of this as that last Clorox Girls record wasn't really my favorite either. Anyways, The singer sounds a lot like Jawbreaker ala Unfun... or Jolt.. or Everready.. I know I've already mentioned these bands a bit on this blog. I think they rerecorded some of their 7" songs after this and totally butchered them. In fact, I think they've recorded "Back in The Day" at least 3 times as it's on another 7". This is probaby my favorite record by them and here it is in it's entirety.

Jon Cougar Concentratio Camp - Not Afraid
Jon Cougar Concentratio Camp - Back in the Day
Jon Cougar Concentratio Camp - Some People's Kids

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow, thanks for all these posts. Many bands here that are quite the cause for reminiscence.