Thursday, July 5, 2007

Hagfish "Rocks Your Lame Ass"






The first time I heard of Hagfish was when I went to go see Bad Brains during the middle of the week to a room of about 30 people in the mid-90's. Bad Brains played a bunch of shitty songs off their "God of Love" album but the band that opened, Hagfish, was awesome. The first impression I got of them is that they saw Green Day on TV and decided to start a band. They were a bunch of guys dressed in suits and they thought it would be cool to say sarcastic things and spit on the crowd. While this might have been very 'fuck the system' if they were in an arena playings to hords of people it was just kinda lame to a bunch of people that had nothing better to do on a school night but to go see a show. Despite their dumb stage presence they played some awesome songs and their music outweighed their stupidity for me. Outside of their catchy Green Dayesque songs they seem to like to talk about vagina a lot.. A lot more directly then most bands. After this album they signed to Honest Dons and put out a much more mediocre album.... Man, one day someone in one of these bands is going to find out who I am and kick my ass for talking shit but anyways here are some songs and a video.



Hagfish - Crater
Hagfish - Buster

1 comment:

boyvscar said...

I picked this up 2 months ago at the goodwill by dolphin stadium. It was pretty good I'm reexploring my punk past. It does kind of rock my lame ass.

I went to that show as well Bad Brains were terrible but Hagfish was funny and i liked them being obnoxious for no obvious reason just to do it.

- the boy