Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Yeah, Me Too


Gaunt



Probably the only full fledged (pop) punk band to have a record released on Thrill Jockey Records (that label that releases Sea and Cake, Tortoise, Mouse on Mars, etc). This aside, these songs are from a record by them that was not released on Thrill Jockey but on Amphetamine Reptile Records in 1995. As far as sound? They're definitely unique.. not your average songs about girls or Ramones sounding band... They might fit in somewhere close to Scared of Chaka or New Bomb Turks even.


Gaunt - Now

Gaunt - Breakin Down

4 comments:

jeffen said...

Great site and looks eccellent as well.
I linked to you at my site http://musicruinedmylife.blogspot.com/
Have you considered posting more complete (out-of-print)singles and albums?

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Se você quiser linkar meu blog no seu eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso.(If you speak English can see the version in English of the Camiseta Personalizada.If he will be possible add my blog in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).

mikespiegs said...

Thanks!

Some things I don't feel comfortable posting the complete thing because i'm not sure if it's out of print or not and haven't really seeked approval from any people in bands or anything.. but i'm probably going to rip some more singles pretty soon and post them up.

I'll link you on here too if I can figure out where to do that! :)

jeffen said...

Thanks for the link. I do a Google search and if I can't find anything then it's functionally out-of-print. Most old 7"'s seem to be unavailable, unless they were on Lookout (hence why I probably won't post the 'Punker Than You' single -my fave Invalids).
I know some caution is necessary though hopefully we're only building interest for good re-issues.